[BRLTTY] High load on ARM (NSLU2) during detection loop

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Nov 15 07:48:10 EST 2006

Hola!

It seems the detection loop if braille driver is auto and
device is usb:,bluetooth:... consumes a lot of CPU power
on slow machines.  After the display has been found and initialized,
brltty almost needs no resources, as we are used to.  But during
the detection loop, it uses 80% CPU at times...

At least for the USB case, we could probably do something about
it by exporting a device ID table from each USB capable driver,
and do the iterating/searching in the core.  THis would mean that
not all USB aware drivers have to iterate the available USB devices,
but the core would do it once, and call the driver which matched if any.

Comments?

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-