[BRLTTY] Refreshing problems?

Mark L. Melonson variant at pcdesk.net
Wed Nov 15 12:59:35 EST 2006

I tried to use the emulation, but it didn't seem to work, perhaps I was
not doing something correctly. My options are baum, ht, pb1 and pb2. I
tried ht assuming that corresponded to the HandyTech driver. It did not
work.

I then decided to try it on a Windows box using Window-Eyes, and the
problem doesn't occur.

I've determined by typing long phrases, that the problem occurs initially
around cell 50. And once I continue, it just gets worse. I've tried this
on two seperate machines running 3.7.2 one compiled by hand and one from
Gentoo's portage.

Okay, I was a bit hasty to think the display was malfunctioning. That
seems to be almost ruled out. I'm certain I'm not running any screen
management systems.

If this turns out to be a brltty problem, I'm willing to do whatever it
takes to help to correct the issue. I'd hate to be stuck on a Windows box
again *smiles*.

Thankyou for all of your time, patience and consideration,
Mark L. Melonson

---
"In chess, as in life we struggle to achieve that which is everchanging
per every move. The only constants? Ideals and principle."