[BRLTTY] Refreshing problems?

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Wed Nov 15 22:53:32 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Jason White on 2006/11/16 at 13:01 +1100]
>
> >I am wondering whether there might be subtle protocol differences
> >with the 80-cell version of the device, and whether it might be a good idea to
> >log packets for part of a session to see what is being transferred.
>
> We know what's being sent on Linux. It might be interesting to trace the
> packets on Windows, though. I don't mind doing the analysis, but only a person
> with the display and with Windows can collect it.

I doubt it is easy to know what a Windows binary-only application might
be sending over the wire.  It is easy to build a sniffer with a computer
in the middle though.

But if the flow control is a possible issue, then maybe the bm driver
can be hacked so each byte is sent one by one with a 10 ms delay between
them just to validate this hypothesis.  Preferably over the serial port
to have the least number of intermediate layers.

Nicolas