[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Nov 16 03:53:31 EST 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/11/15 at 09:43 +0100]
>
>>As far as I can see, they rely on the fact that 99% of all users
>>have X running anyway, and provide a graphical passkey agent by default...
>>However, as we already know, interactive passkey entering is a no-go
>>when it comes to configuring a braille display.  We need some way to make
>>this easily automated.  AFAICS, the DBus client code would
>>make this fairly easy.
>
> Yes. Now we need to decide if we want brltty to be able to respond to the
> request for a PIN or should we be in the business of providing a separate
> command-line client for binding a PIN to a Bluetooth device address. The latter
> is more generic, and, therefore, more generally useful, but such an application
> really should belong to the Bluetooth people themselves.

Such an application already exists, its the source I attached
to the initial mail of this thread.  It *is* included in the bluetooth
package, but not procompiled, it is a "example".  I dont like the
idea requiring the user to compile this, and have it run before brltty
is started.  THis is, IMO, too much detail to do for the user.
THe user should be able to configure all aspects of his bluetooth connection
in brltty.conf, IMO.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-