[BRLTTY] re: Python brlapi and translation table question

scott at bashautomation.com scott at bashautomation.com
Thu Nov 16 09:07:29 EST 2006

Samuel,

Thanks for your responses.  I am working on the braille part of the Linux
Screen Reader and greatly appreciate your time.  Here are some follow up
questions and comments:

1.  Are the translation tables able to be swapped out at runtime.  If not,
are there any plays for such a feature.

Yes, the preference menu allows for global switching of languages and I
assume translation tables.  It would be nice to be able to switch
translation table programmatically.  An example of this usefulness would
be viewing a webpage that has foreign language intermingled within the
native language.  This is very valuable in speech.  We are less sure about
the importance in braille.

2.  We are looking forward to the AND/OR function.  Please let me know if
I can help here.

3.  Yes, we are getting a connection error regarding the wrong display
number.  I will investigate further.

Thanks again,
Scott Haeger