[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Fri Nov 17 09:12:21 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Mario Lang wrote:
 > True, the device name could be used to dispatch inside the driver...
thatis only if you can't set the device to hide (not broadcast) it's name
and badddr as can be seen in the hcitool scan output.

COnterary to wireless you can't probe a bluetooth device for it's anem if
it doesn't want to give it (if I would have a bluetooth brailledisplay and
I could hide this, I would do so).

don't worry hiding it won't make the device unaccessible after paring is
completed. Re-paring or reconnecting to be correct will still work (di it
all the time with my bt headset)

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)