[BRLTTY] Startup problem with brltty under Ubuntu together with Orca

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Nov 20 08:31:26 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2006/11/20 at 14:23 +0100]

>I've installed Ubunt with Orca and brltty.
>I set up my system so that brltty and Orca start within the boot
>precess.
>brltty starts before Orca and reports
>1 startup problem
>on the display, the way I wrote it in the line above.
>I don't know which problem this could be,

Can you please have a look in your system log? Usually that's
/var/log/messages. What brltty logs are in there?

>since the message disappears
>when I press any key on the display.

Yes, the "n startup problem(s)" message is just a braille alert. One way to try
to catch the error message is to clear the alert from your display and then
freeze the screen image as quickly as possible. Then scroll back up with the
braille display.