[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Tue Nov 28 16:48:14 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm wondering which dimensions a braille display can ha2e, in cells.
> Those I know typically are one-line-displays, the number of columns
> varying between, say, 18 and 80 cells. Are there other geometries
> available ? If the answer is Yes, which models use these geometries ?

The Bookworm has 8 cells.

I saw a multi row braille display only once.  It was a prototype only
demonstrated during a trade show.  Its refresh rate was impossibly slow
and its price was approaching the hundred thousands dollars.  In other
words, all practical braille displays only have had one row so far.

Nicolas