[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Nov 28 17:44:21 EST 2006

An Israeli company (I forget its name right now) developed a mouse with a
graphical dot matrix on it (I forget the size). There's no reason that this
matrix couldn't be used to display text when the mouse is on text.

The column counts for single-row displays that come to mind are: 8, 12, 18, 24,
32, 40, 44, 66, 70, 80, 88.

The cell counts for vertical status columns which come to mind are: 2, 4, 13,
20, 22.

There's a Danish display called LogText which presents the user with one line
but which maintains an 80x25 screen image internally.