[BRLTTY] Dimensions of braille displays

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Nov 28 18:01:52 EST 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> An Israeli company (I forget its name right now) developed a mouse with a
> graphical dot matrix on it (I forget the size). There's no reason that this
> matrix couldn't be used to display text when the mouse is on text.

That company unfortunately has gone out of bussiness before managing
to go beyond the prototype...  I once played with this producted (in the
truest sense of the word, they wrote a dart game for it).  AFAIR, it
had a optacon feel to it, i.e., the dots are very small, I am not sure
you can use it for braille without some sort of zoom...

> The column counts for single-row displays that come to mind are: 8, 12, 18, 24,
> 32, 40, 44, 66, 70, 80, 88.
The PowerBraille 80 has 81 cells, continuously.

--
CYa,
  Mario