[BRLTTY] braillelite 18 on Mac being detected as braillelite 18 and not working

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Nov 30 22:16:56 EST 2006

Hello all.
I had to take my braillelite 40 in to get a new battery and plugged my
braillelite 18 into my usb-serial calbe. though brltty appeared to start,
the braillelite display did not work though I did sometimes get "waiting
on serial device". The log indicated that the braillelite 18 was being
detected as a braillelite 40. could this be the problem and if so is there
something I can do about it. the 18 does work on my linux machine though
it has always been a litle more finicky than the 40, occasionally giving
me the "waiting on serial device" when I tried starting brltty.

/tia.

--
Cheryl