[BRLTTY] lock on device

Raoul MEGELAS rmgls at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 4 01:58:38 EDT 2007

on Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:30:07 +0200 Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> > Brltty should probably not modify them...

> > except of course if they are wrong (115200 for instance),

i must had to say: not suitable for brltty, but brltty use ioctl... as you said.

> Why is 115200 wrong? If the driver set the speed to 115200, it probably
> had good reasons, or else it needs to be fixed.

not wrong but, only not suitable for brltty.

> > or perhaps, to protect brltty against any change from an other program.

> Why should another program be started?

1. i don't realized that brltty retry the device connection if lost:

brltty -b ts -d /dev/cuaU0
	brltty start fine!

stty -f /dev/cuaU0 whatever_speed_you want, or minicom... from another user
in multi user as normal...

	braille lost!

the only way to reestablish the connection with the braille device, i found is:
switching off the braille display and on, again.
perhaps (???) a lock on the device would help for this purpose; but,
my knowledge of brltty is at the beginning.

best regards
Raoul