[BRLTTY] BRLTTY dies after S/Vario power down

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 21:05:32 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:08:09AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> In case it matters, are you connecting via Serial, USB, or Bluetooth? Have you
> tested if the problem only happens with one type of connection or does it
> happen with any type of connection?

I am connecting via USB. For some reason it happens much more regularly with
the braille display on campus than with my (identical save for the newer
firmware) one at home, but that could also be related to other factors, I
suppose. I don't have Bluetooth hardware as yet, and my laptop doesn't have a
serial port (unless I bring along a serial->USB adapter).

> Do you get the powerdown log, or some other log, just before the crash?

The only log I get is the power-down message. Checking the logs was my first
action upon discovering that there was a problem, and I couldn't find any
other BRLTTY messages other than the usual startup notices issued when BRLTTY
was executed.