[BRLTTY] Orca and last cvs brltty snapshot

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jan 4 10:58:20 EST 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the delay: I did answer that mail, but for some unknown reason
it got dropped somewhere...

Willie wrote:
> Based upon a stack trace posted by one of the Orca users, I now see
> that ignoreKeyRange and acceptKeyRange no longer take a single list
> parameter, but now take two parameters.  Since I realize I'm dealing
> with an unstable API at the momemnt, this is OK and I can adjust the
> Orca code accordingly.

Yes, sorry for having forgotten to warn you: we realized that using an
array here was useless.

> However, I seem to have problems enabling the cursor routing keys via
> acceptKeyRange.  The key range I was using in Orca, which seemed to work
> around December 17, was the following:
>
>   brlapi.KEY_CMD_ROUTE,
>   brlapi.KEY_CMD_ROUTE | brlapi.KEY_CMD_ARG_MASK

This isn't sufficient any more, you need

   brlapi.KEY_TYPE_CMD | brlapi.KEY_CMD_ROUTE,
   brlapi.KEY_TYPE_CMD | brlapi.KEY_CMD_ROUTE | brlapi.KEY_CMD_ARG_MASK

KEY_CMD_ROUTE doesn't hold the TYPE_CMD bit any more for letting
programmers easily use the result of b.expandKeyCode().

Samuel