[BRLTTY] Baum SuperVario/Brailliant battery charging

Boris Daix Boris.Daix at alysse.org
Tue Jan 9 12:30:17 EST 2007

Hi Jason:

Jason White <jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> Does anyone on the list happen to know how the battery charging process works
> on the Baum SuperVario (aka Brailliant) displays?

(Device is connected via USB)

The message "Charging: hh:mm" can't be displayed when the device is in
use, but the device does charge if USB charge is on.  Otherwise,
either the device relies on its battery or it quietly falls back on
host power (battery is over).  See "battery status" in the device
menu.

If the host is up then the device is available.

With a laptop, turn USB charge off when the laptop relies on battery
for its own, otherwise turn it on.

I have been using a BAUM SuperVario 40 with a laptop for a year, and
except at the first time, I never used its external power supply.
Maybe I even lost it...
--
Boris Daix