[BRLTTY] brltty "keyboard braille device" support (and a few more things)

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jan 25 02:30:43 EST 2007

Hi,

Dave Mielke :
> >- Profiles for different programs/environments that are automatically
> >  activated.
>
> This one is much more complicated. I doubt that sbl even gets it right. It's
> easy to know what the foreground program is when running in text mode right on
> the console. If accessing a remote system via telnet/ssh, however, or if using
> a GUI, determining which program is running in the current foreground is
> essentially impossble to determine passively.

For text-mode, one possibility is to determine the profil according to
what is displayed on the screen.
Programs like mutt or emacs, for instance, display a specific screen at
a well-known position. Loading a rofile based on such a criterio would
solve the remote-execution problem. This is, I believe, reliable enough.
Samuel oncetld me that even for non-visually impairedusers, those
strings are whatthey use to remember which program they are using, in a
multi-windows context.

Sébastien.