[BRLTTY] A strange GPM fact

mrkiko mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:02:16 EST 2007

Hi all!
Dave: on your mail you report these messages to be displayed:
*** info [lib/liblow.c(329)]:
/dev/gpmctl: No such file or directory
*** err [lib/liblow.c(336)]:
/dev/gpmctl: No such file or directory
brltty: GPM open error: No such file or directory

But, actually, I can see only the third message, so that something strange
ishappening on my system or on the others.

If the problem is the presence of /dev/gpmct, and Hermanno is using udev, my
suspects about udev problems with gpm is real. I've already noticed the
situation where gpm is running and still brlty emit the last message cause
gpmctl is missing, but these are suspects only since I've no idea on how udev
works and why may be gpmctl not exist. I don't know also who creates
effectively this device (so that if someone here knows, it would be nice
explain it).

A second point: i use Debian so that I've not compiled libgpm by myself. It may
be that library offers some compilation options to suppress or not these
message. I looked at the relative ./configure --help text but I can't find
nothing regarding this.

And so?

--
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
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