[BRLTTY] Refreshing problems?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Mar 2 20:20:04 EST 2007

[quoted lines by Mark L. Melonson on 2007/03/01 at 18:49 -0600]

>The problem only occurs on Linux. It works as expected on
>Windows.

Both BRLTTY and the Window-Eyes driver are writing the same kind of packets.
Window-Eyes isn't using any form of flow control. This problem, therefore, is
rather mystifying (at least to dumb old me).  I'm beginning to suspect that
there must be some sort of subtle hardware or hardware management difference.
Please do the following command and let me know its output (substitute the
correct device for ttyS0):

   setserial -a /dev/ttyS0