[BRLTTY] BRLTTY dies after S/Vario power down

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 28 09:31:26 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2007/03/28 at 21:01 +1000]

>Here's what I did, as root:
>ulimit -c unlimited
>brltty
>then ran gdb, attaching to the BRLTTY process. The brltty executable was a
>non-stripped binary in /usr/local/bin. After BRLTTY died and gdb reported the
>exit code, there was no core file in /root (the directory that was current
>when I ran brltty) or in /usr/local/bin or in any other obvious place. It
>should have been dumped in the current directory from which brltty started,
>unless I'm wrong about how this works.

Please check /etc/brltty (or wherever else you may have configured that to) as
well.

If it failed while gdb was attached then you should be able to simply request a
backtrace from that gdb session. It may also be that the core wasn't dumped
because gdb still had control of the process.