[BRLTTY] BRLTTY dies after S/Vario power down

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 06:14:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:31:26AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Please check /etc/brltty (or wherever else you may have configured that to) as
> well.

Checked - no luck. I'll run a find command over the fs just in case there is a
core file lying around somewhere.

> If it failed while gdb was attached then you should be able to simply request a
> backtrace from that gdb session. It may also be that the core wasn't dumped
> because gdb still had control of the process.

I tried to do a backtrace, but gdb reported that there was no stack, which
makes sense, since so far as gdb was concerned, it exited with a 127 exit
code. This might also explain why there wasn't a core file, i.e., no signal
was sent to the process that would have resulted in a core dump.

I tried it in gdb again, setting a breakpoint on the exit() function, but the
crash didn't occur that time. I'll have to keep trying. I also managed to get
a crash without gdb running and with core dumps enabled, but no core file
resulted - at least, none that I could find.