[BRLTTY] Cursor routing in DOS apps

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu May 3 20:25:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

Lars Bjørndal, le Thu 03 May 2007 20:55:09 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:
>
> > Lars Bjørndal, le Thu 03 May 2007 17:15:45 +0200, a écrit :
> >> I've recently compiled a MinGW version of BRLTTY. In the command
> >> prompt, the cursor routing keys work fine. However, in a program like
> >> Edit or WordPerfect 5.1, it doesn't. Is this possible to fix, at the
> >> moment?
> >
> > Mmm, that _should_ work.  What behavior do you get?
>
> 2 or 3 seconds delay, then just an error beep. The cursor is still at
> the same place.

> Does this really work on your system?

Yes and no.  I actually asked because this morning I didn't have access
to my Windows test box.  Now I have it and the results are indeed odd.
In a cygwin window, edit itself behaves at bit strangely (output
oddities), but cursor routing works fine. In a DOS command box, routing
doesn't work at all indeed. Brltty tries to insert arrow keypresses, but
they unfortunately don't seem to be interpreted by edit...

Samuel