[BRLTTY] Shouldn't -r be the default on Windows?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu May 10 11:34:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

Lee Maschmeyer, le Thu 10 May 2007 11:23:18 -0400, a écrit :
> First, I think release-device should default to yes.

I've no real reason against this except having different behaviors
between systems is not necessary a good idea.

> The other thing we might change: I noticed not long ago that README.Windows
> suggests using the --enable-relocatable-install option during ./configure.
> I've never done this, assuming if this is the Windows convention brltty
> would do this automatically. If I start doing it now will it mess up the
> way the subversion brltty is built? And if it's the best idea for windows,
> shouldn't it be the default in the first place?

IIRC it poses problem with unix (and hence cygwin) systems.

The mingw case is a bit tricky, because MSYS tools use paths conventions
(/c/Programs files) which mingw programs don't understand, and then
--prefix completely fails. Enabling relocatable install may then be
a good idea (and it will be enabled in the binary zip that will be
provided for 3.8 anyway).

Could you double-check that --enable-relocatable-install works really
fine under mingw?

Samuel