[BRLTTY] brltty on startup

Sérgio Neves sergionevess at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:42:41 EDT 2007

Hi,
Yes, I can open text consoles, and brltty works well with them, and I have
orca working well.
The only problem is that when the "1 startup error" message appears
imediately after the message "brltty 3.7.2", orca doesn't comunicate with
brltty. And when I type dmesg, the output is those strange error:
[ 738.220000] usb 3-1: usbfs: process 3349 (brltty) did not claim interface
0 before use
I've red the brltty manual and it says sometimes we need to do something
with serial ports, so that the system don't use them for other things. I
don't know whether I need to make some changes related to usb ports.
I'll  try to write "no" on /etc/default/brltty and use the
update-rc.d brltty defaults, but since I see, it's a very strange error..

Thanks again for your patience

Best regards

Sérgio Neves