[BRLTTY] brl.cursor and electric fence error report

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed May 16 20:50:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 08:33:24PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Is it possible that there were just blanks from the rightmost character up to
> and including where the cursor is? If so, this may be an expected symptom of
> the contiguous blank compression that the contraction table does. Please test
> it with the cursor on or beyond the first non-blank character past the right
> end of the braille display.

Actually, there was text (non-whitespace characters) after the display window.

Here is a test case.

This is a test for the cursor placement issue in BRLTTY.

Place the cursor at the end of the above line (after the . character), then,
in Grade II mode, move the window to the beginning of the line - cursor is on
cell 39 of my 40-cell display. Now advance the window, and the cursor
correctly appears after the final character on the line.

Does this help?