[BRLTTY] rpm build errors

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue May 29 21:00:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

Dave Mielke, le Tue 29 May 2007 19:33:21 -0400, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by George Kraft IV on 2007/05/29 at 15:56 -0500]
>
> >Getting the stable release is more important than a well documented
> >ChangeLog.  ;-)
>
> That's how I feel. The code is stable now. The change log can always come
> later. The only problem is that people who want to know what the changes have
> been won't be able to easily find the list. Looking in 3.8.1 for the changes
> that brought about 3.8 is a bit unintuitive. Doing the job right really does
> require a good change log, but, given the size of the job, that'd put your
> proposed deadline at risk unless, of course, I put the rest of my life on
> immediate hold.

Mmm, I'd say a very verbose ChangeLog is not so useful.  Maybe a quite
simple changelog with big pictures would be enough?  For instance,
concerning the API, "huge renaming, see man brlapi_deprecated ; Added
Caml, Java, Lisp, Python and Tcl bindings ; added suspend mode ; added
multi-connexion support ; added user/group-based authentication ; better
unicode support".  Concerning Windows, "Version-free and relocatable
compilation".  And "(Almost) ported to MS-DOS".

Samuel