[BRLTTY] Confusion with keys. names.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Oct 13 11:55:18 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Fabrizio Marini on 2007/10/13 at 14:44 +0200]

>If you scroll down that file, you'll fine something like:
>- f1b+left/right: move left/right one character.
>
>What's the meaning of f1b? Similarly, f2b is mentioned. What's its meaning?

Perhaps this isn't documented as clearly as it could be. At the top of that
file you'll find this:

   The left Satellite keypad is for speech functions.
   The right Satellite keypad is for braille functions.
   The left/right large outer keys on the pads are referred to as F1/F2.

So f1b is the left large outer key (f1) of the braille (b) or right satellite
keypad.

>Sorry, I couldn't find them. Where are they?
>For example, nowhere is explained (but probably I haven't found it)
>which key WINUP and LNUP correspond to.

They're not described that way as that'd be less easy to read for most people.
The LNUP/LNDN functions are described as moving the display up/down one line.
In the help file you'll find this:

   Up/Down           go up.down one line

So those are the keys which implement LNUP/LNDN.