[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Debian package has USB autosuspend bug

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Sep 6 22:13:51 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2007/09/06 at 20:51 +1000]

Hi:

>On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 12:51:21PM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
>> Please convince
>> dave that this bug is worthwhile to release 3.8.1,

Dave doesn't need to be convinced regarding the importance of this fix. :-)

>> or, alternatively,
>> let me know a list of revisions that I have to pull to get this fixed.
>
>Either of your suggested solutions would be fine. Whatever works well with
>Dave's plans and schedule would be best, I think, as long as the bug is fixed
>so that users of Debian testing and unstable distributions, and of other
>distributions that inherit the Debian package, won't experience the bug, which
>entails loss of the braille device until the problem is worked around or a
>fixed version installed.

I'm just about ready to release 3.9 now, like in a week or so. Although things
may (probably will) change a bit still, revision 3262 should be good. Would
those who'd like to ensure that their packaging issues are fixed by the time
3.9 is released, therefore, please test their packaging with revision 3262 and
report any problems to me as soon as possible. Thanks.