[BRLTTY] Problem with speech.c

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 7 17:34:15 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Christopher Gray on 2007/09/07 at 12:53 -0700]

>I seem to have contracted a problem with speech.c.  Perhaps it is caused by
>my installation of ttsynth, but I'm not sure.

What's ttsynth? Is it by any chance a descendant of IBM's older ViaVoice
synthesizer?

Brltty is trying to build its ViaVoice speech driver. This must mean that it's
found the eci.h header file. There must be some non-backward-compatible changes
in it. At the very least, it appears as though the ECIParam type has
disappeared. For the time being, just configure with the --without-viavoice
option.

Is ttsynth available for free? If so, where can I get it and I'll try to fix
the problems.