[BRLTTY] VarioConnect 12 and bluetooth problem

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Wed Sep 12 06:56:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

I use:

- Debian Lenny
- last svn snapshot of brltty
- amd64 bits cpu

I have in my /etc/brltty.conf:

braille-device	/dev/rfcomm0

and in /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf:

rfcomm0 {
	# Automatically bind the device at startup
	bind yes;

	# Bluetooth address of the device
	device 00:A0:96:10:DF:58;

	# RFCOMM channel for the connection
	channel	1;

	# Description of the connection
	comment "Vario connect 12";
}

brltty is by boot process started from rc.d directory with a debian
start-stop-daemon and it works.

But after 3-5 minutes is the bluetooth connection with /dev/rfcomm0
closed and is necessary brltty start with/etc/init.d/brltty restart
again.

Then brltty works already longer time. In syslog is any message about
closing the bluetooth connection.

The second possibility is that I put in my /etc/brltty.conf this line:

braille-device	bluetooth:00:A0:96:10:DF:58	# Specific bluetooth device by address.

It is bdaddr of my VarioConnect.

But with this option brltty not works and says that this device is
unsupported.

Thanks.

--

Jan Buchal