[BRLTTY] Fedora core 7 installer

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 07:27:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 08:52:40AM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:

> Perhaps I might help you.  Let me describe the situation:
>
> - I work for Red Hat, big part of my time is dedicated to developping
>   Fedora; so I might be useful here.
> - I used to have some contacts to a charity which used to have
>   Braille printer; I'm not sure if they still have it.  I guess they
>   might help me to get access to a Braille tty.
>
> But there are also negatives:
>
> Though I remember playing with a Braille typewriter and Braille "pen"
> and dotted-pad (don't know the official name), I cannot read Braille
> at all.  So I have only a very limited ability to check that the
> Braille tty shows the same as the screen.  And, obviously, sighted
> user can easily miss something trivial.

I am sure that Fedora users on this list would be glad to help with testing
once you have BRLTTY integrated into the installation process.

I'm not a Fedora user myself, however.

If Fedora now supports a full, live upgrade without having to reboot and run
an installer, this should also be helpful to BRLTTY users, as then they need
only use the installer once. Of course, the installer should work with BRLTTY,
but at least subsequent upgrades would be easier if they could be carried out
from the shell without a reboot/re-install.