[BRLTTY] brltty.conf is altered

Sérgio Neves sergionevess at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:35:12 EDT 2007

Hello,
How do I see if it's a bug or not?
I send the same message to ubuntu accessibility but I didn't hava any
answer.
I need to use the portuguese braille table to faculty.
I saw the file /etc/init.d/brltty and they have the following lines which I
think are causing the problem:
# /etc/brltty.conf may need to be propagated from the initramfs. (This is a

# pretty awful hack.)

if [ -e /dev/.initramfs/brltty.conf ] && [ -e /etc/default/brltty ]; then

if [ -e /etc/brltty.conf ]; then

mv /etc/brltty.conf /etc/brltty.conf.orig

fi

mv /dev/.initramfs/brltty.conf /etc/brltty.conf

sed -i -e 's/^RUN_BRLTTY=.*/RUN_BRLTTY=yes/' /etc/default/brltty

fi

I don't understand what this statements do, so I can't delete this lines
from the file.
Sorry for posting on this list once again, but I need a hack for this
problem and so far I have no answer from the other list.

Thanks once again

Best regards

Sérgio Neves