[BRLTTY] changes made for 3.9

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 19 11:12:56 EDT 2007

Can anyone spot anything missing from the following list of changes in 3.9?
Note that it's my intent to only list changes that users will see.

Core changes:
   The startup log and initial braille display message contain the build revision.
   The -v [--verify] option identifies the screen driver.
   Failure of the braille and/or screen driver to start isn't fatal.
   Repeated retries are scheduled for each driver until it starts.
   Attempts to connect to gpm are only made when it's actually needed.
   The MSDOS operating system is supported.
   MSDOS option syntax (/flag and /name:value) is supported.
   The syntax +x to clear a short option flag is supported.
   Help output groups options by function rather than lists them alphabetically.
   Needed but missing resources are created (by default) in /lib/brltty/rw/.
BrlAPI changes:
   Version updated to 0.5.1.
   TCP sockets are more responsive.
   The -h [--host] option of xbrlapi has been changed to -b [--brlapi].
Baum braille driver changes:
   The autosuspend feature of Linux USB devices is disabled.
   Don't probe for emulation modes if a serial device is being used.
   Add the protocol= (all, native) parameter.
HandyTech braille driver changes:
   The Easy Braille is supported.
Papenmeier braille driver changes:
   The Trio models are supported.
   The second set of vertical status keys does vertical routing.
Linux changes:
   USB devices maintained by udev under /dev/bus/usb/ are supported.
Cygwin changes:
   The emulation layer (rather than Windows functions) is used.
   Serial devices named ttySn (rather than COMn) are used.
Windows changes:
   Write to the event log.
   The -I [--install-service] and -R [--remove-service] options have been added.
   The -r [--release-device] option defaults to "on".
Table changes:
   Corrections to Portuguese braille [text.pt.tbl].
   Corrections to American English grade 2 braille [en-us-g2.ctb].
   Unified English Braille table rename: uebc-g2 -> en-uebc-g2
   Chinese table renames: big5 -> zh-tw-big5, gb2312 -> zh-tw-gb2312
   New Chinese tables: zh-tw-utf8, zh-tw-ucb