[BRLTTY] Text table names.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 13 07:46:38 EDT 2008

We currently have four text tables with names which require the use of the
shift key:

   en_UK, en_US, fr_CA, fr_FR

This was done so that the text table names would use the same naming scheme as
locales. It is, however, more error prone to type these names, especially at
times when the braille display isn't yet operational, e.g. as part of the
brltty= boot parameter.

We're also inconsistent in that we have contraction tables, e.g. en-us and
zh-tw, which use an easier-to-type naming scheme. In other words, they use a
minus sign (rather than an underscroe) for the delimtier, and they use
lowercase (rather than uppercase) territory codes.

What are your collective thoughts on whether or not we should rename those four
text tables to en-uk, en-us, fr-ca, and fr-fr?