[BRLTTY] Text table names.

Lee Maschmeyer Lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Aug 14 09:18:56 EDT 2008

I think Bertil has a good point. It begins to remind me of the Grub
documentation that describes a device naming convention that is "just
a wee bit different". Though easy in itself, the problem is that it's
different enough that I rarely remember what it is and have to
research it every time. In the case of brltty, if I'm used to writing
en_US and suddenly I have to write en-us, it may be easier but
remembering to make the change is harder.

Using the philosophy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", perhaps we
should leave it alone. Or propose to the whole Linux community that
they all change their device naming scheme. :-)

--

Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll