[BRLTTY] make rpm

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 15 17:10:06 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2008/08/15 at 22:59 +0200]

>I still get some errors when I try to 'make rpm':
>
>Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
>/tmp/mkrpm.4ez0AA/brltty-3.11dev-InstallRoot
>
>RPM build errors:
>    File not found:
>    /tmp/mkrpm.4ez0AA/brltty-3.11dev-InstallRoot/brlapi
>    File not found:
>    /tmp/mkrpm.4ez0AA/brltty-3.11dev-InstallRoot/usr/lib/brlapi-
>0.5.2/libbrlapi_tcl.so
>    File not found:
>    /tmp/mkrpm.4ez0AA/brltty-3.11dev-InstallRoot/usr/lib/brlapi-
>0.5.2/pkgIndex.tcl
>make: *** [rpm] Error 1
>
>Are you able to reproduce this, or is it a problem here, on my system?

The rpm spec file assumes that a complete build has been done. It looks to me
like Tcl isn't installed on your system so configure decided that the Tcl
bindings shouldn't be built. The rpm spec file, however, wouldn't know about
that.

Do you really need to build an rpm? If you do, and if you really need the rpm
spec file to become conditional, then you're needing me to dealve deeper into
the inner workings of rpm than I know at this point.