[BRLTTY] Reading Dots 7-8 From BrlAPI

Rob Meredith rmeredith at aph.org
Fri Aug 22 12:10:38 EDT 2008

Dave:

This patch worked! I get expected dot arguments (0x40 for dot 7, 0x80 for dot 8) when I press the previously unrecognized keys. Now, the next problem...

The Connect 24 has no space bar. That is why people are using the keys left and right of the joystick for space bars. As you probably remember, the Connect 12 has a key between dots 1 and 4 at the top of the face which I believe you are using for space. There is no such key (called B11) on the Connect 24. So, if we support dots 7-8 on the Connect 24, how can we distinguish between these dots and a space?

Rob