[BRLTTY] Reading Dots 7-8 From BrlAPI

Rob Meredith rmeredith at aph.org
Mon Aug 25 16:07:21 EDT 2008

Dave:

I tried your patch with a Braille Connect 12. (The Connect 24 is a loaner, and I don't have it at the moment, but I hope to get it back soon.) From what I can tell with the Connect 12, the patch looks good. But, this brings me to another question.

Since space is indicated by no dot bits being set in the argument of BRLAPI_KEY_CMD_PASSDOTS, how can I detect chorded keys? With your latest patch, when I press space with dot keys, nothing appears to happen. That is, I don't get any input. Is this something that could be addressed, and if so, what would be a good way to solve it?

Rob