[BRLTTY] Reading Dots 7-8 From BrlAPI

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 25 18:13:41 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Rob Meredith on 2008/08/25 at 16:07 -0400]

>I tried your patch with a Braille Connect 12. (The Connect 24 is a loaner, and
>I don't have it at the moment, but I hope to get it back soon.) From what I
>can tell with the Connect 12, the patch looks good.

Thanks. It's now been applied to the development stream. Perhaps Andor can tell
us how well it works on his VarioConnect 40?

Do you know why some models are called BrailleConnect while others are called
VarioConnect?

>Since space is indicated by no dot bits being set in the argument of
>BRLAPI_KEY_CMD_PASSDOTS, how can I detect chorded keys? With your latest
>patch, when I press space with dot keys, nothing appears to happen. That is, I
>don't get any input. Is this something that could be addressed, and if so,
>what would be a good way to solve it?

You don't see the individual key events ... you see commands. The bindings are
currently done within the driver itself. We haven't bound any chorded key
combinations yet since the functions are already bound to combinations of the
six original Vario keys. Do the BrailleConnect models have those keys?