[BRLTTY] xbrlapi on Ubuntu 8.04

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Wed Jun 4 11:15:32 EDT 2008

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

>> >Not the key press,
>>
>> Are you saying that we should get rid of the need for the key press to clear
>> the message? If we do that, what do you suggest? Should we just display the
>> message for a few seconds and then let it go away automatically?
>
> I guess he meant the key press wasn't posing problem.

Exactly.

> However, my feeling is that pressing a key is not necessarily so
> obvious, a delay (even up to 10s) would be welcome.

We can have a delay or a key press, that's not so important. My
intention is the following:
Imagine a new user reads this message; which questions come up: Is this
important, does it any harm to my system? Have I to act immediately?
Where can i find information about this message? What to do to fix the
problem if it's one? etc etc.
To point him/her to the syslog is no good idea, so I thought about a
brief log, that explains what was going on.
The main question is: Is this message crucial for the use of brltty, or
is it just a reminder that something _may_ be not quite right.
Have i been clearly enough?
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.