[BRLTTY] Reproducing autosuspend bug on el40s

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Mar 2 19:18:09 EST 2008

Have you tried the 2.6.24 kernel?

One of the Baum Brailliant/Supervario displays that I have access to goes into
autosuspend when the kernel boots and needs to be power cycled in order for
BRLTTY to detect it, even taking into account the code changes that were made
in BRLTTY to turn off USB autosuspend. As of kernel 2.6.24 however, this is no
longer happening, leading me to suspect that something has changed in the USB
kernel code.

Also, my newer Brailliant at home doesn't exhibit this problem even on older
kernels; the BRLTTY work-around is all that is needed, and it is included as
of BRLTTY 3.9.

Now I know the problem being discussed in this thread is not USB autosuspend,
but I would suggest trying it with kernel 2.6.24, and with different firmware
revisions of the braille display just in case it is sensitive to such details,
as in the USB autosuspend problem.