[BRLTTY] Reproducing autosuspend bug on el40s

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Fri Mar 21 19:08:34 EDT 2008

On lun, mar 03, 2008 at 11:18:09 +1100, Jason White wrote :
> Have you tried the 2.6.24 kernel?

Hello all,

No, I haven't for the moment tried with 2.6.24 kernel since neither gutsy
nor lenny which are the two systems I use have the 2.6.24 kernel.

I tried the firmware upgrade but unfortunatly with no luck. In fact I
tested first at work where I have a Braillex EL (not the pocket, the
desktop model). Its firmware version is 124 (so just -1 compared to the
firmware version which Jeronimo's braillex has. With this firmware
version it worked perfectly, no sleep problem at all.
I asked Papenmeier for a firmware upgrade for my Braillex pocket, they
sent me the files needed and I applied the upgrade. Unfortunatly it was
upgraded only to version 116 (I don't know why, perhaps my braille
display is too old to be able to accept newer versions or the newer
versions are only compatible with desktop models ?)
So even with version 116 the problem is still present and I encounter
now the same problem on my 2nd machine with Ubuntu Gutsy and brltty 3.10
from svn repository.

So what has changed since brltty 3.7.2 ? Is it a brltty problem or a
kernel problem ? I don't know !

--
Nath