[BRLTTY] problems building brltty python bindings

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 6 01:16:36 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Donald Raikes on 2008/03/05 at 14:26 -0700]

>brltty works, but the python bindings do not appear to have been installed.

It'd be helpful to see a copy of your config.log. In the mean time, though,
it's just a guess but I suspect you haven't installed the Pyrex package (which
is needed to build the Python bindings).

>So I cd'ed to brltty/Bindings/Python
>and ran:
>python setup.py build

That's not guaranteed to work on its own. At least, we don't test that. We
assume that you use brltty's make files.

Something else you may wish to try is adding configure's --quiet option. If you
do that then you'll only see important messages. Perhaps all the noise of
normal configure output is drowning out the one important message which will
reveal the secret.