[BRLTTY] English grade 2: Obtaining maximum occupancy

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Wed Mar 19 09:07:33 EDT 2008

>Just thinking about this, if I am proofreading a document in Grade II mode
>and
>there is a missing space between words that happens to occur exactly on a
>braille window boundary, then with the old behaviour I wouldn't be able to
>detect the error.

Actually, if there is a missing space between words, it creates one long
word. If the whole word won't fit on the current string then the whole word
would be moved to the next string and the missing space would be obvious.
Remember that words are never split between braille strings; if they were
you'd have things like "first" turning into "from still" or even "my"
turning into "more you." Because there's a space preceding the last word you
know there's a space following it.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services