[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher and brltty

Sérgio Neves sergionevess at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:46:34 EDT 2008

Hi,
Yes, speech-dispatcher works correctly, and rate and volume options work
too!!!
I don't know how you have so many knowledge to solve these problems too
fast!
Now, I have two doubts:
1. How does brltty control the volume and rate of speech-dispatcher? Is it
through speech-dispatcher's API?
2. When brltty starts, how many time is it checking for the presence of
speech-dispatcher? I try to be clearer: I think brltty starts earlier than
speech-dispatcher on my system. When does brltty give up checking if
speech-dispatcher is started? Until now, it's working well, but if the
system takes more time to boot, I don't know whether brltty detects
speech-dispatcher or not.

Thanks for improving this software contributing to better accessibility for
all!

Best regards

Sérgio Neves