[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher and brltty

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Sat Mar 22 16:06:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

One thing which I think will be very useful would be to have the
possibility to read text word by word.
I explain : now when you type text on the keyboard each caracter you type
is immediately spoken. Personnally I have difficulties to compose my
text as the tts enumerate all the caracters I type one by one. it would
be better to have the text pronounced word by word, each word would be
pronounced as you'll press the keyboard space bar.
This fonctionality is generally called "echo by word" on screen readers.

I don't know if it will be difficult to implement that in brltty but it
will be very very appreciated I think.

--
Nath