[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher and brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 20 01:22:35 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/03/20 at 15:32 +1100]

>Speaking of caps how do I enter one with the braille note input?
>I use space + dots 45 to get into input mode.

Add dot 3 to the combination if you want dot 7 turned on, and add dot 6 for dot
8.

>Ok. Any idea on how I can get punctuation voiced then? With sd?

I don't know much about Speech Dispatcher itself. Brltty does feed it all the
characters soA SD will speak whatever it's configured to speak.

>That's my main problem being a programmer...
>You need all punctuation to be spoken to read code.

I imagine brltty users switch between programming and reading so it might be
worth being able to control that from the preferences menu.

>> Read all what?
>
>Uh... The screen? Or maybe a function that can read from cursor to bottom
>of window or screen...?

Yes, brltty has that. There's currently no BrailleNote binding for it, though.