[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher and brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Mar 21 18:44:48 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/03/22 at 09:35 +1100]

>> Add dot 3 to the combination if you want dot 7 turned on, and add dot 6 for dot
>> 8.
>
>Thanks, that worked.

If you only want to enter a single capital letter then leave out dot 5 so that
the mode change is temporary.

>Well ok. I emailed the speech-dispatcher list, but I'm probably on the
>wrong list.
>There haven't been any messages.
>Do you know what the list is called?
>Or subscribing details?

No, I don't.

>So there is no way of accessing it then?

We can always add bindings. It's just a matter of figuring out what the
bindings should be.

>Could we perhaps have keymaps that could be modified in brltty?

That's on the list of things to do.

>The other thing was could we use keys on the keyboard for speech as well? Like
>control to shut it up and maybe a key on the numpad to read all and any others
>that you can think of?

The code for keyboard-based brltty commands has been started, but changing
brltty to be unicode-based became more important. We'll get back to it, though.