[BRLTTY] Speech-dispatcher crashes when encountering semi-graphical characters

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 24 09:26:14 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/03/24 at 14:01 +0100]

>If this is true, then the command:
>setfont
>or
>consolechars -d
>should solve this, but I tried and it didn't.

All other brltty speech drivers work, and, for sD, the only unique action taken
is to call SD's own spd_sayf(). If there's a problem, therefore, it's either
within or below spd_sayf(). The only other possibility, i.e. that spd_sayf() is
being called with bad arguments, would appear to be highly unlikely because
other SD modules (than espeak) do work and because the fact that the accented
characters are now working correctly means that the UTF-8 characters are being
formed correctly. So, at this point, the only thing to be done, at least as I
see it, is for the SD people to figure out why their code isn't working.