[BRLTTY] Speech-dispatcher crashes when encountering semi-graphical characters

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Mon Mar 24 09:43:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
I managed to fix this:
Espeak always changes a link in /usr/lib from:
libespeak.so.1 -> libespeak.so.1.1.36 to:
libespeak.so.1 -> libespeak.so.1
I've reported this to the SD list without getting an answer. I think a reason might be that I made libespeak.so.1.1.36
executable, which seems not to be necessary, since the link is executable.
After having corrected this and relinked the library, brltty does its job.
Don't ask why this is important, but it seems so.
Hermann