[BRLTTY] usb_to_serial

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun May 4 05:25:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

Here is what I last have tried: plugged the serial cable that came with
the
braille note into the usb to serial cable and pluged the usb end into my
usb 2.0 port and the serial end (from the braille note serial cable) into
the braille note. (as someone suggested.)

Still no luck.

Thanks for all the replies, but I don't think my cable is supported since
ntohing has worked and I get the same errors usually...

So I had a quick look on ebay and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-RS232-Serial-DB9-9-Pin-Cable-Adapter-Converter_W0
QQitemZ140230142593QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZView
Item

Will this item work for what I want? Is it supported by linux and will it
work with the braille note allowing me a usb to serial solution?
Also note that I have a mail port on the
  braille note serial port...

So should I buy this one and try it out? Sorry, but I don't understand
this stuff very well and obviously I can't use my computer easily,
currently trying to use speakup.

Thanks for any help,

  --
Daniel Dalton